Friday, June 2, 2017

Go Ahead! Give God Your Worst!


I love spending time with my kids.  I want to know every detail about their lives.  I love sharing with them what’s going on in my life.  It doesn’t matter if we’re playing games, watching TV, or sitting down for a meaningful conversation, I love it all.  As much as I love them and want to spend every minute I can with them, there are times that I am just so exhausted!  Ok, it’s almost every day.  I’m spent when I get home from work.  I just don’t have the energy to keep up with them the way I’d like to.  Most days I feel like I am not giving nearly enough of my time to them.  

Can you relate?

We spend day in and day out serving our children, loving them, spending as much quality time with them as we can.  We know how important it is to foster those relationships. There’s no question about it.  It does not matter how tired we are, we take time for our kids.  We would never go days on end without spending at least a little bit of time with them.  We would never tell our kids that we’re just too tired for a hug, just too exhausted for a conversation, even if it means we might fall asleep during that conversation, would we?

Then, why do we say that to God?

Isn’t our relationship with our Heavenly Father much more important than that of our children?  Having a healthy relationship with God is the absolute best thing you can model for your children.  So, why do we make excuses?  “I’m too busy to read my Bible.”  “I don’t have much time to spend praying, there’s too much to do.”  “I am just so exhausted, I don’t want to give God my tired leftovers.  Shouldn’t I give Him my best or nothing at all?”

NO!!  The truth is, your best isn’t good enough anyway.  He doesn’t want your best.  He wants your ALL.  That means He wants you when you are exhausted, weak, falling asleep while you’re praying.  He wants you when you get a day off and set up a two-hour date with Him. He wants the best you got and the worst you got.  Everything!

So, open your Bible, get out a journal, and start a conversation with God right now.  You won’t regret it!


Not sure where to start?  Send an email to Melissa@myanointedlife.com or comment here and I would be happy to answer any questions you have or give suggestions on how you can build a meaningful relationship with the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment