Saturday, February 22, 2014

Why Are Kids So Mean?!

It always amazes me how mean kids can be.  They are just so cruel sometimes!  One of my children was very distraught again this week, over a "friend" that continues to make fun of them for their beliefs, personality, and even their parents.  (I don't know what that's about, they have awesome parents!)  ;)

The worst part about it for me is that it's a christian kid, from a good family.  Oh, I know better than anyone that kids will be kids and we can't expect them to be perfect just because they're being raised right.  My kids have their fair share of "childhood" that we deal with.  But, is it too much to ask that they be kind to each other?  I know, I am probably being too sensitive about this issue.  I instantly have flash backs to my childhood, where I didn't fit in at all and developed an almost defensive attitude toward those who relentlessly teased me.  I can look back now and see that the majority of them didn't mean anything by it, and I probably came off sounding just as bad at times.  I am just struggling to know how to teach that to my children.

Those of you who know me, know that I don't pretend to have all the answers.  There are times that I just need others to walk with me, just like you do.  So, I want to know how you handle this from a Biblical perspective.  How do you help your children cope with being made fun of?  How do you know when they are just being overly sensitive and when you need to step in and do something?

Share your wisdom HERE and thanks for allowing me to be real!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment