Monday, February 10, 2014

Transformed 2014: Do Desperate Times Really Call for Desperate Measures?

This past weekend, I had the privilege and honor of speaking to hundreds of women from Indiana at the Transformed Women's Retreat.  This was my first time teaching outside of my own church and I was quite nervous about going into something this big.  The voices in my heart that try to win me over tell me that I'm not mature enough for something this big, I'm not old enough, I don't know enough, haven't had enough training, blah blah blah blah blah.  I have to literally rip those voices out of myself and fill my heart with the truth of God's Word.

 "He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it." "Let no man despise your youth but be an example to the believers."  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." "You are My servant;  I have chosen you and have not cast you away.  Fear not, for I am with you;  be not dismayed for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." "Gods word will not return to Him void, but will accomplish His will."

This is the voice of Truth, the voice of God spoken through His Word.  So, I went and spoke God's words, not my own.  We talked about the things that God allows in our lives that we just can't handle on our own.  We looked at God's word to see how we can possibly prepare our hearts for those times so that instead of thrashing in the sinking sand, desperately grasping for something, anything to hold onto we can instead stand firm on solid ground and withstand the hurricane that roars around us.  Do you know, I think that I was blessed more by the women who came to listen than they were by me.  So many women who are hurting and came to me after to share that hurt with me.  What an honor to be able to pray for these precious sisters in Christ!  I wish I could minister to all of them every day.

I can't be with you all physically, but I do have a way that we can stay in touch and continue the conversation.  I have begun posting, in depth, the message God sent me with on my discussion board.  You can read the threads there and talk to me about what God is doing in your heart.  Let me know how I can continue to pray for you!

Just go to http://aboverubies.freeforums.net/board/10/desperate-times-call-measures to get involved.

If you were at Transformed and came to one of my sessions, I just want to tell you what a blessing you were to me!  And for those that came to me, just hurting so much, please know that I am absolutely praying for you to know God in a deeper way as He takes you through your pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment